Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Song Challenge 1: Redux

The road to Rock and Roll is paved with the corpses of would-be musicians who took on too much too soon, who gave up cursing the guitar with fingers bloody and sore, having tried to play Hendrix before they could manage Three Blind Mice. In respect to the dear departed I've made an executive decision - as of today I'm changing my first Song Challenge. I'll now be playing 'She's Losing It' (also by Belle and Sebastian) on April first, in glorious technicolour on the world wide instawebs.

Some of you may feel the need to point out that I'm wussing out of my very first song challenge only two weeks in, and to you I say:

LOOK - A KITTEN PLAYING A GUITAR!!!


Now the nay-sayers are distracted I can talk to the realists for a second - those understanding individuals who support and appreciate the need for the choice of an achievable goal in the interest of continued motivation and, well, stick-to-it-iveness. I'm still practicing the elements of the former tune, but a simple thing done well is much more desirable long-term than something more complex done with ham-fisted ineptitude.

Since apologies are out of the way I now introduce to you my new Song Challenge. Bring it on!



Today's result: Kate: 0 - Guitar:1

No comments:

Post a Comment